This project has an art focus and explores the artwork of a variety
of artists from different periods of history and develops children’s
painting skills using a range of materials. At the heart of this
project children learn how to write classically structured poetry
and develop additional skills in the use of figurative language and
In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding
by opening their own art gallery to exhibit their work on a local
and national scale.
In this project the children will learn:
• How the work of various artists throughout history has been
used to express their views, and how artists’ work reflected the
times they lived in;
• How artists use various skills to work with different media;
• How art and poetry can be used to express the views of the
artist or poet;
• How to write a poem on a theme using figurative and
• How to organise and display of artwork;
• How to use ICT to find information, display information and
• How to use art and poetry to express feelings and opinions.
Math's tasks will be set on My Maths and/ or Abacus as and when appropriate
(Please check regularly as this will help to embed skills learnt during lessons).
Daily reading- please record all reading into planner
All pupil's will have the following homework to complete each week:
Schofield and Sims spelling sheet