Spring Term 1
Our topic was Traditional Stories. We covered three stories inparticular-
- The Gingerbread Man
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- The Three Little Pigs
We did a range of activities linked to each story. We focused on story telling, role play and emergent writing.
- Begun our new Maths scheme- 'Maths Makes Sense'.
- Revised all Speed Sounds 1 (all sounds in sound books).
- Continued with 'Word Time' and encouraging children to spell, read and write cvc words. Especially practicing the skill of 'blending' sounds.
- Some children will be moved onto 'Ditties' which is a form of a reading task which will be sent home each week. (Please see section on main class page for more information).