This project has a history focus and teaches children about
the chronology of their own lives including their families.
At the heart of this project children write simple narrative
stories about their own families and develop additional skills
in writing simple and sequenced sentences.
In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and
understanding by creating a special book about their own
lives using pictures, writing and ICT.
In this project the children will learn:
• About the chronology of their own lives and the lives of
• How families are different;
• How to use first and second hand sources to find out
information about their own lives and families;
• How humans needs and bodies change over time;
• About the differences and similarities between life for a
child now and in the past;
• How to present information using a variety of media.