This project has a history focus and teaches children about
the chronology of their own lives including their families.
At the heart of this project children write about their own families and develop additional skills
in writing simple and sequenced sentences.
In this project the children will learn:
• About the chronology of their own lives and the lives of
• How families are different;
• How to use first and second hand sources to find out
information about their own lives and families;
• How humans needs and bodies change over time;
• About the differences and similarities between life for a
child now and in the past;
• How to present information using a variety of media.