In the coming first weeks of school, we will be starting our weekly spelling tests. Usually, the children would stick their new spellings into their planner each week, but due to the current restrictions, the children will not be able to bring planners to and from school.
In this first half term we are going to upload the new spellings for each Monday, here on the class page. These will be introduced to the children in the same way as we have always done in class, and they will be tested the following Monday.
Little things to remember:
Below are some things to keep in mind on our return to school, and your child's introduction to Year 3. We will give you more information in the following weeks.
- Our Year 3 day for PE is a Monday (The first of which will be Monday 14th September 2020). Your child MUST come to school in PE kit on this day. As always, no jewelry to be worn and long hair must be tied back. Please can trainers be velcro if your child is unable to use laces.
- New reading books will be handed out on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS. This is to allow those books to be held in quarantine before they can be handed to another child. We are trying to make our handing out/ quarantining system as simple as possible, and your help with this is really appreciated!
- All of the stationary your child will require for school will be supplied in their own individual pack, which only they will have access to. Your children cannot bring any personal stationary items into class.
- Please can children bring a full water bottle into school each day, as the water fountain is temporarily out of use.
- We usually have pop-in sessions, but due to current restrictions we are unable to plan these. As things develop we will keep you informed.
- We will let you know about homework in the coming weeks, however for now, please can your children be reading regularly and practicing their times tables
- Again, due to COVID restrictions, home time is simply a time to collect your children from school. We cannot at present answer any queries at the gate whilst we are dismissing. Therefore, if you have any urgent queries for Miss Jones or Mr Fawcett, please could you call or email the office, who will be happy to arrange a time for us to have a chat.
Diolch yn fawr!