This project has a design technology focus and teaches children how to make cards using simple mechanisms and a range of different materials.
At the heart of this project children will learn how to write and re-tell traditional fairy tales.
In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding by designing, making and writing pop up wedding invitations to Prince Charming and Cinderella’s wedding.
In this project the children will learn:
• How to describe and select appropriate materials for a task;
• How to make joins, moving parts and mechanisms;
• How to design a product which is appropriate for the user;
• How to write a formal invitation;
• How to re-tell and sequence a traditional fairy tale;
• How to take a digital photograph